Thursday, December 16

Christmas Cookies

I feel like I have been MIA for a while, I have been so busy. Monday I had doctor's appointment in the morning, then tried to get some Christmas shopping done and ended up taking a 3 hr nap. Then Tuesday I took a 2 hr nap after work. And yesterday I stayed at school until 7:45 (yes I was there longer than 12 hrs) for my class' winter concert. It was cute but I spent most of the time trying to catch falling kids from the risers, running to take some of them to the bathroom, and helping the late arrivals get on the stage. Did I mention that I was not required to do any of this?

So yeah, that brings me to today. It started snowing and while all the counties around us closed, had a delayed opening, or closed early, we did not. So I wound up driving home to a slippery un-plowed neighborhood at 5:00.
But on the bright side I am baking Christmas cookies!
I wanted to use my new Ikea cookie cutters,


But the recipe calls for cream cheese and I don't have any. And the regular sugar cookie recipe is too sticky to attempt to roll out (even though I tried).
 So I am left with simple round cookies, but they still taste good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!