Saturday, November 5

18 Weeks

Baby Stybs has been on the move! For the past 2 weeks I have felt little flutters that have become increasingly frequent and stronger. It is so exciting to actually feel the baby move and know that things are going well in there.

Friday's doctor's visit was the one I have been looking forward to for the past 2 months. I finally got another ultrasound. We aren't planning to find out the sex of baby Stybs and funny enough, baby didn't show the goods.

I have to go back in about 2 weeks for another ultrasound (to get a better view of the heart and face). I'm excited because I get to see baby again!

This month's updates:

Cravings: Salt. I have re-discovered Triscuits and man are they salty and good!
Aversions: Still no coffee or ice cream for me (But I did cave to a decaf peppermint mocha- didn't taste like coffee at all, this is a good sign that I will one day like coffee again).  I'm better with veggies, but NO tomatoes (or sauce or soups). I have had salads a couple times and have felt no side effects, but there is so much acid in tomatoes that I get severe pain in my upper stomach- some would call this heartburn.
Weight: +2 lbs (+4 overall) The weight is creeping up and my pants do not button anymore.
Morning Sickness: still good :) and no heartburn (I haven't needed Tums since I stopped eating tomatoes)
Energy: Has been good, but I think I've caught a cold from my students so I've fallen asleep before 8 the past couple nights.

The bump is officially here. I can no longer button the pants that used to fit, and pants that were too big fit nicely around my belly. I wonder how long it will be until my students start to notice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!