Monday, April 16

41 Weeks

Exactly 1 week past my due date we welcomed Kate into our lives.

It was a shock when the doctor told me it was a girl- we were all expecting it to be a boy. Even my mom was saying 'Come on, Alec' as I was in labor. But now that she's here I wouldn't trade her for anything.

So at 2am Monday morning I woke up with contractions and we were on our way to the hospital an hour later. I labored all day and ended up delivering by cesarean at 11pm.

She has made the transition from the hospital to home, sleeping in her room for hours and eating well. Family have been stopping by all week, I think my mom has seen us every day, and we have already been to the pediatrician. Now that the weather is warming up again, I can't wait to get cleared to take her out for walks and get out of the house more. But for now I'm enjoying my time at home.

So was your prediction right? Did you think we were having a girl?

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you :) I know you must be loving your bundle of joy!

    Bonnie
    Living A Wonderful Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping for a girl! Congrats!! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!