Tuesday, June 21

Spray Paint Quick Fix

While at IKEA, picking up shelves, I also picked up a little blue-ish/purple metal tray. I had wanted to get a tray of some sort to wrangle all the things that collect on my dresser. I really liked the shape and size of this tray, but the color didn't work so well with my brown/tan/silver room.

So I got a $6 can of Krylon silver, hammered, paint from Home Depot. With just two coats the tray now matches the room well.


I especially liked that the hammered finished meant I didn't have to be perfect with my spray coverage. It also blends well with the mirror and dresser knobs and pulls.
Let's see how long my dresser looks like this before more things get piled up in the tray and start overflowing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!