Tuesday, November 30

Laundry Woes

We spent the afternoon and evening at my parents' house doing laundry. Our washing machine is working fine, but the main line in our house? Not so much. Friday night Adam started a load and before the cycle was finished I heard a splashing sound. Not again, I thought, as I ran into the laundry room, hoping to not see anything. But instead I was screaming WATER!WATER!WATER!  as I flipped open the washing machine lid. Our laundry empties into a basin which has a knee-high panty hose on the end of the line to act as a filter, catching the lint before it clogs up our pipes. Well the panty hose was stretched so much that it went into the drain, clogging the basin and causing it to over flow. But that's not all, my friends. The drain in the floor of our laundry room was also backing up.  This is the third time in two years that the drain has backed up. Luckily we stopped it before the murky water flowed under the stairs and into the carpet like it did last winter. And we didn't have to call Roto Rooter like the other times
.

We have been using a main line cleaner, that you pour directly into the hole in the floor. It has been working but I didn't read the label and only bought one bottle this time. Apparently, Adam tells me, it is recommended that you use two. Which is why we were at my parents' doing laundry. We wanted to wait until we got another bottle of the line cleaner before we chance using the washing machine again.

Here's hoping we will be doing laundry at home again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!