Sunday, January 2

Happy New Year!

I spent my new year waking up at 5am to drive up to Pittsburgh for the Winter Classic. There were some worries that the game would be delayed or canceled because of the rain that was coming. It was supposed to start at 1 and was pushed back to 8pm.
We got up there earlier than expected and were actually able to check in right away. Kara and Megan took power naps while I read my Kindle and we then went to lunch at Jerome Bettis' Grill 36 and walked around downtown Pittsburgh.


After that we went back to the hotel, took another power nap, and got dressed in our layers for the game.
I was expecting freezing temperatures and snow and was shocked that it was actually 55degrees outside. So I took one less layer, and slipped the poncho in my purse and headed out to the game. Good thing I did because it started raining in the 2nd Period.

The game was good, the seats should have been awesome, the view left a lot to be desired.
 
I'm glad I had the experience, but I don't think I'll be fighting to get tickets again. Thankfully when I got home the game was replayed in HD on NHL Network. I was finally able to see the goals.
All in all it was a fun trip and I'm glad I got to go I just wish I had a few more days of winter break left before going back to work. Oh well- It'll be nice to see all the kiddos again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!