Wednesday, July 20

Hungry Girl Night 5: Mexi-Licious Shrimp & Corn Fandango Salad

I'd gotten a little behind, so here's the second recipe of the night.
(Check out the rest of the Hungry Girl recipes here.)


This is yet another HUGE portion! It was so big, in fact, that I couldn't finish it! But it had good flavor and I could see making this again (and splitting it) as a side.

Ingredients:
  • 3c chopped romaine lettuce (I didn't measure and just used one romaine heart)
  • 1c dry coleslaw mix
  • 1/2c chopped tomatoes
  • 1/2 c chopped cucumbers
  • 1/2c chopped red onion
  • 2Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1 Tbs rice vinegar (I didn't buy this and just used white vinegar, it tasted fine)
  • 1/2 Tbs lime juice
  • 1tsp mexican hot sauce (I used Chipotle Tobasco)
  • 1/2c frozen corn
  • 3oz cooked ready to eat shrimp (I had raw, frozen that I cooked up earlier)
Directions:
  •  make the dressing: mix vinegar, lime juice, and hot sauce
  • mix lettuce and slaw, top with tomato, cucumber, onion, and cilantro; top with dressing
  • heat corn in a skillet over high heat until cooked/ slightly darkened; add to salad
  • top salad with shrimp

 It's really simple to make and the entire salad only has 260 calories, 2g fat, 622mg sodium, 39g carb, 15g sugar, and 24g protein.

Tomorrow's Dinner: Bacon Cheese Burgers! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!