Monday, August 15

I Made It In

I finally got to go to my new room today. And it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting it to be.
My tiny new first grade room

I was pleasantly surprised to find the floors clean and sparkly, furniture to one side of the room, and not a bunch of crap everywhere. BIG relief. I was afraid I was going to have to spend hours sorting through stuff in the room before beginning to tackle the closets (which are stuffed full... ugh...).

I only spent about an hour/ hour and a half in there today. I put up my fabric on the bulletin boards, took inventory of the furniture, and dropped posters off for lamination. Unfortunately my large blue fabric that was the perfect size for the hallway bulletin board is missing. The other fabric I have is not wide enough. I don;t know what happened to it, but I guess I have to go rummage through mom's crawlspace for a new (wide) piece.

I'll probably go into my room every day this week. That way I can figure out furniture placement and sort through all the materials in the closets and shelves. Then during our professional week I can spend time planning and labeling kids names and making little last minute things I forgot to do. What still boggles my mind, though, is how I'm going to fit all the furniture (and students) into the room. It is so much smaller than my previous classroom.
my extra large Head Start room
Oh how I'll miss that room.... sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!