Friday, October 7

Let's Get This Party Started

I took a sick day today for a Doctor's appointment this morning. My schedule this year doesn't allow me to get a 1/2 day sub for the morning (since the sub's 1/2 day ends 15 minutes before my students even leave the classroom for lunch) and it's pointless to get an afternoon sub (because the sub would see the students for a total of about 40 minutes- again due to our ridiculous schedule). So after my early appointment I came home do do some fall cleaning. I spent a good chuck of time clearing out the nursery.

Yes, I said nursery.
The guest room is going to become the nursery for our baby, due to arrive in April.

This is probably the main reason I haven't been blogging a lot lately. Aside from starting the school year, I have been beyond my normal level of tired. And all the time I have had to write has been spent documenting the pregnancy. Small price to pay for growing a healthy baby, I say.
So I've spent the last 2 months writing little blog updates about being pregnant and now I finally get to share them :) I'll start with the day I found out, then post the other updates next week. By then I hope I'm finally on board to start blogging again for real.

***

Sunday July 31

I'm not going to lie. We've been trying for a baby for a few months (off the pill in Dec, pulled the goalie in Apr) in the hopes that I'll get pregnant soon and end up with an April/ May baby. It would be perfect for getting my 6 weeks maternity leave and then the rest of summer vacation too. I had planned on testing the first day of August, but after I got home from a week at the beach with my mom and sister (who kept asking if I was preggo) I decided to test that first morning back. I used a dollar store test and walked away to make coffee. I kept telling myself I wasn't preggo, all my symptoms are just because I am getting my period soon, it's going to be negative.

Then I saw the stick...

Not just one dark line like usual, but another lighter line! WHAT?! really? I didn't know what to think. So I pulled out a digital test (expecting that to say 'not pregnant', because they aren't as sensitive, and because I still didn't trust the dollar store test) and a few minutes later it said "pregnant"!

Adam was sleeping but I woke him up anyway. I said I had a surprise, and after telling him I took a test he said "I knew it". That was it. No other reaction. He was sleeping after all. And now he has fun calling me preggers and talking about being 'plump with his seed' (stemming from a FML joke). So now I wait to call the doctor and find out the due date (according to the Bump, it will be April 2) and once we hear the heartbeat we will tell our parents.

1 comment:

  1. Aww congratulations! That is so exciting!! I look forward to reading all of your pregnancy updates!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you think!