Monday, June 11

2 Months

Really? Another month has gone by?


My big girl is now12 lbs 3 oz and 23 1/4 " long.

Highlight of the month: more cooing and babbling. It's so cute to watch her 'talk' to me, my family, and her toys. She's also almost rolling over. She's gotten as far as one arm and both legs over, but her other arm got stuck. Adam gives her 2-3 more weeks before she is fully rolling over.

We've also just started a sort of sleep training. I couldn't take her 20 minute naps and wanting to eat every 2 hrs. So I've been watching for her sleepy cues- which are usually about an hour-1.5 hours after she wakes up. I guess I didn't realize how much babies sleep. So far we have been able to get her to nap for an hour (on average) and she's eating every 2-3 hours.  She's not sleeping through the night consistently yet, but she has stretched out her nighttime feedings (and dropped one) so I only have to get up once in the middle of the night/early morning.

I can't believe that if I had her at a different point in the school year I would already be back to work. She's still so little, how would I leave her all day? I'm really lucky that she came at the perfect time of  the year.


Oh baby girl, you're getting so big.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!