Friday, November 23

Playroom Art

I shared Kate's playroom, but what you didn't see was the vast blank walls surrounding it.

That small art print just wasn't cutting it so it was time for some COLOR- I wanted to make some bright and cheery art for Kate. I took the two large canvases that were hanging in the guestroom


And used leftover gloss paint from the basement bathroom to cover the dark blue pattern (I didn't have gesso, and it can be a bit expensive, so I just used what I had). It was nice and thick, and covered the pattern in one coat.

So with my fresh canvases I was ready to try my hand at some abstract art.

pinned this
From: http://blog.mrhandsomeface.com/diy-wall-art-bubbles  

And knew it would be perfect for the playroom. Plus I already had everything I needed.
So with just some tissue paper, cut into circle of different sizes, I arranged them on the canvases and used modpodge to glue them down.

Under 1 hour, free and easy, DIY playroom art. Can't beat it.
Not sure what to put above the art. Maybe I'll just leave it as open space to hang Kate's drawings and things  in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!