Friday, July 9

Making a Message Board

I mentioned that I was going to turn the frame from our wedding program into a message board for my office. Here it is, the way it looked for our wedding:



See the stickers in the corners?

They actually were a last minute solution, the day before the wedding. As friends were putting the program in the frame, the glass broke:

So I knew I couldn't just swap out the program for a different picture. I didn't want to keep stickers on the glass, and I don't think I could afford to buy a new piece of glass for the frame (I didn't price it out, but it just didn't seem economical). So I bought some cork from Target for about $6 and attached it with the included mounting strips. It wasn't the exact size I needed, so I used a box cutter to trim the edges.

And here it is! All that's left to do now is paint the cork the same color as the wall, cover with a piece of fabric left over from the curtains, and hang it on the wall.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!