Monday, August 16

Just Another Manic Monday

Lots of things going on.

Adam and I went shopping Saturday and picked up some pillows for our couches upstairs. We found great gold-is brown ones on clearance for $10 at Bed Bath & Beyond. Then at Target (where we could look at colors next to the slipcover) we picked up a few blue (gasp!) options.

After another great service at church yesterday, the youth pastor spoke and asked for volunteers for youth ministry (working with the children during the service) which is something I had been thinking about for a long time. So I filled out the information card and will hopefully get involved with the infants/toddlers/preschoolers.

I got up today at my normal (school year) time 5:45 with really no problems. I made my coffee, weighed myself on the WiiFit, had breakfast, and went to the gym. I left for the gym at 7 which is when I would normally leave for work, so I'm not sure I'll be able to go to the gym in the morning before work. I'd have to get up earlier, and only have time for 30 minutes instead of the 45-60 I've been doing for the past 2 weeks. So I'm going to see what it's like in the afternoon some day this week, and see if that is the option I go with.

It has been 1 week since joining MFP and tracking my food and exercise. I am happy to say that I have lost 1.8lbs! I have been slacking on drinking a lot of water, ate dinner out Fri, Sat, and Sun, and I'm sure about a half pound lost was due to cutting my hair. But all in all, pretty good progress.

I went into my classroom this morning. The hall and room had been waxed so I was free to start moving stuff around, but I wasn't really ready for what I walked into. The room was a disaster. The welcome/ sign in paper had been scribbled on (I don't know how that happened in 1 month of summer school when it lasted 10 months while I was teaching...) and the furniture was everywhere. I was there for an hour, and the only things I got done were setting up the computers, placing the housekeeping furniture in its new location, and unrolling the rug... out of which crawled out a HUGE cockroach! Ugh! It was gross. Cockroaches are always an issue in our school, but I didn't expect that.

I guess that's the update of my life. I'll put up pictures (which would have made this post easier to read) of the living room/ pillows and my classroom later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you think!