Yet another super easy to make, chop-dump-stir-serve recipe. Dinner will be on the table in 30 minutes or less!
- 2 bags Tofu Shirataki spaghetti noodle substitute (I used Barilla Whole Grain shell pasta, and added 200 more calories to the dish)
- 8 ounces raw, boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1c chopped broccoli
- 3/4c sliced mushrooms
- 1/2c chopped red pepper
- 1/2c chopped onion
- 1tsp chopped garlic
- 2 wedges Laughing Cow Light Swiss
- 2 Tbs fat free sour cream
- 1Tbs parmesan
- salt and pepper
- if using the noodle substitute- rinse, drain, dry, and cut; if using regular pasta- cook until aldente and set aside
- cook chicken in large skillet on medium high until opaque (season with S&P)
- add all veggies (season with S&P), stir, and cook until veggies are tender and chicken is fully cooked
- place cheese wedges in microwave for 20 seconds, add sour cream and mix until smooth
- add noodles/pasta and cheese mixture to skillet; stir until combined.
- serve and top with parmesan
What I've learned from making these Hungry Girl dishes:
- cooking a complete meal doesn't have to be hard
- many dished can be thrown into a pot or pan with little effort
- taking the simple recipes, like the OMG Burger, and changing it with a different ingredient or two can make really good food.
- while I won't be making dinner from this cookbook EVERY night, I will definitely be returning to it in the future.